Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Bacon Avocado Egg Salad Recipe





Yesterday I had my friend, Kelli over for lunch.  We both love bacon and avocados so I decided to make a lightened up version of Bacon Avocado Egg Salad.  I served it on a Sara Lee 80-calorie wheat bun with mixed greens and a slice of tomato.  It was delicious!  



Ingredients

4 Large Hard-Boiled Eggs, chopped (I like Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs!)
2 Slices Center Cut Bacon, Cooked and Crumbled
1/2 Ripe Avocado, cubed or mashed
1 Tbsp. Reduced Fat Olive Oil Mayo
2 Tbsp. Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
1 Tbsp. Fresh Lime Juice
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper (optional)

 

Directions

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Serve on low-calorie bun or a bed of mixed greens.

Serving Size: 1/2 recipe

Nutrition Info

  • Calories: 243.7
  • Fat: 17.2g
  • Carbohydrates: 5.5g
  • Protein: 14.0g

With the bun, greens, and tomato the sandwich is under 350 calories.

1 comment:

  1. Clearly this is what I call a fascinating article! Do you this portal for your private goals only or you exploit it as a source of income?

    ReplyDelete