Thursday, October 13, 2011

Praline Pecan Oatmeal & Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes



My breakfast was so delicious yesterday that I had to have it again today.  I'm on a really big kick of flavoring my own oatmeal.  I used to buy the packets that were already flavored, but then I read that ingredients.  I think it was after reading something like "banana flavor" that I thought, "I can do a lot better than this."  I wish I had made that discovery a long time ago.  I am still buying instant oatmeal, though.  Here is my recipe:

Praline Pecan Oatmeal

1 packet instant oatmeal, 100 calories
1 tsp. Agave Nectar, 20 calories
1/4 cup boiling water or to desired consistency
5 Praline Pecans, crushed, 88 calories

Total calories = 208

Boil the water in the microwave on high for 1 minute.  Put the pecans in a plastic sandwich bag, and crush with a rolling pin. 



Add oatmeal, agave nectar, pralines, and water to a bowl.  Mix, and top with the fruit of your choice.  I like to top it with 1/2 a banana, because it tastes like banana nut bread.  It would be good with apples or dried cranberries, too.

P.S.  You have to check out my girl, Kelly's guest post on Colourful Palate.  She posted a recipe for Mini Pumpkin Swirl Cheesecakes, no baking involved!  You have to check out Kelly's blog too, Eat Yourself Skinny.  She has her recipes listed by Weight Watcher's points!  She was kind enough to guest post my Proscuitto Wrapped Asparagus with Balsamic Glaze recipe.  (Big thanks, Kelly!)


Felice a basso contenuto calorico mangiando!  (Italian for happy low calorie eating!)

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment